These Crockpot Salsa Chicken Tacos are one of my family’s favorite go-to easy weeknight recipes.
This 7-ingredient recipe is so simple to make. Because this dish cooks in the slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours, you can whip it up in the morning and come home to a ready-made dinner after work. When I saw this month’s Recipe ReDux 7-Ingredients or Less theme, I knew this was the recipe to share.
7-Ingredient (Or Less) Recipes: It’s Income Tax Season, so our brains could use some easy arithmetic; as in seven-ingredient-or-less recipes. Show us the healthy, no-brainer dish you fix for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Seriously, this dish is super-easy to make, and you probably already have most of these nutrient-rich ingredients in your fridge or pantry. The onion, green pepper and broccoli slaw “up” the nutrient factor of tacos, making them rich in dietary fiber, antioxidants, vitamin C and potassium.
Thanks to the salsa verde, these shredded chicken tacos are green. So I whipped up these tasty tacos for a fun St. Patty’s Day dinner. I like pairing with avocado slices and a mixed greens salad for an easy weeknight meal.
- 24 oz. jarred salsa verde
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3-4 cups broccoli slaw
- Add half of salsa verde to bottom of crockpot. Lay chicken breasts on top of salsa in one layer. Top with onion and bell pepper slices, and sprinkle with cumin. Add remaining salsa verde. Fill jar with water and add to crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. When chicken is cooked, place chicken breasts in bowl and shred; return shredded chicken back to crockpot.
- Immediately before eating, heat tortillas until warm. Top tortillas with broccoli slaw. Then, add shredded chicken and onion-pepper mixture to tacos. If desired, top with avocado slices, shredded cheddar cheese or nonfat plain Greek yogurt. Makes 4 servings.
PLEASE SHARE: What is your favorite crockpot taco recipe? Please share. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to check out some recipe from my fellow Recipe ReDux’ers. You’re sure to find some new favorite recipes!