This green goodness is a mix between a juice and smoothie. And, it’s delicious. Mildly sweet, nutrient-rich and hydrating. You can even make this smoothie a night before, store in a Mason jar and tote to work or the gym the next day. It’s rich in vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, antioxidants and heart-healthy unsaturated fats.
- 1/2 cup water or coconut water
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 avocado, shelled and pitted
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into fourths
- 1 green apple, cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1 tsp. freshly grated or a pinch of ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a blender at a high speed until smooth. If too thick, add water one teaspoon at a time. Stores up to 2 days in an airtight container. Makes 2 servings.