If your family loves burgers, try swapping in salmon for beef or turkey this week. Canned or pouched salmon makes these burgers come together in minutes. And, they’re delicious!
- 2 (5-oz.) pouches salmon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs or panko
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 1/4 cup light cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, as desired
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Mix salmon and egg in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients; combine well. Form mixture into patties and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes, turning half-way through. Serve with sliced avocado on whole wheat buns or butter lettuce leaves. Makes 4 large patties.
PLEASE SHARE: How do you switch up burgers in your house? Please share. I’d love to hear from you!